Monday, February 7, 2011

Today Chi's mom and I drove Chi to the train station so she could go to her tutoring job. After that we went to a clothing store and chi's mom bought me a new coat. It's cold here and my coat isn't warm enough. It was hard to find a coat that fit me. All of them were too small. In the states most clothes are too big for me. Here, most clothes are too small for me. We found a nice-looking black one. It costed about $70.

After we got home Chi's mom taught me how to make onigiri. I've tried making them before, but they never turn out quite right. She steamed the rice for it in the microwave. The microwave here has a water pan embedded in it that you can use to steam food. The microwave here is awesome. I wish I could take it home with me. You can set the wattage you want, how long you want it to cook, how you want it to cook, and what temperature you want the food to be when it's done.

Today I finally mustered up the courage to use the toilet's bidet. The toilet washed my butt for me with a jet of water. It was an interesting experience. I'm still a little nervous about pushing the other buttons, namely because I'm not sure what they do. I don't want an obituary read like this: "stupid foreigner eaten alive by out of control toilet"

No comments:

Post a Comment