Friday, February 11, 2011

Last night I couldn't fall asleep until about 7am, and then I woke up numerous times between 7am and 12pm. It's hard to sleep with my throat hurting so much. Drinking, eating, speaking, swallowing, it all hurts. The good news is that my headache is gone and my fever seems to be mostly gone.

Today Chi's mom went out to McDonalds and bought me four hamburgers. She also went to a pharmacy and bought me some Halls and Vicks. At the McDonald's in Japan, apparently there are no plain hamburgers. Only the default ones that you get when you ask for a hamburger. Also, Halls here is advertised and sold as a candy, not a medicine. I was pretty shocked by that. I looked it up and it seems that it's sold as a candy in many other countries too, like Brazil. However, Vicks is a medicine. I don't really understand why Vicks is a medicine and not Halls, but whatever :p.

Even staying shut up in the room all day I still learn new things. Yay :)

I took a Vicks cough drop and then ate my hamburgers. My throat completely stopped hurting for about two hours. I took some more of the cold medicine I had the other day too.

Chi hung out with her mom today and then went to work her ShabuShabu job. I played some Go, read a little bit more of a book, and spent most of my time trying to go to sleep. I haven't been able to sleep at all yet though. After that first one, the cough drops don't seem to have any effect anymore :(.

When Chi got home from her ShabuShabu job, she made me some Ojiya. Ojiya is a soup-and-rice-like food that people here make for sick people. It tastes kind of like grits, but better. Yummy :). I got sick back in August and Chi made me some Ojiya at that time too.

No comments:

Post a Comment