Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Things are still going great here.

On Saturday I met up with Miho and Ran (friends from Florida) in Shinjuku. We went to Shinjuku Gyoen, a very pretty park. Please check out all the awesome photos I took on Facebook! :D

After Shinjuku Gyoen, we met up with Sawako, another person from Florida (never met 'er before). We decided on which restaurant to go to and then went to eat. After we got done eating some employees who work there brought out a cake and everybody sang Happy Birthday. I was very surprised. Oh yeah and there was sakura-flavored ice cream! Sorry, didn't save any for you. It turns out that Ran had made a reservation there early that morning (Sneaky Ran! I'll get you back for that!).

After that Ran went home and me and Miho headed to Yokohama together. Another person from Florida was getting married in Yokohama. Miho went to the wedding, I went to China Town to meet Jason (My professional gaming team manager, really admiral guy, lives in Yokohama). We explored China Town, had drinks and ate a sakura-flavored cupcake at Starbucks (he payed for it), then went to Minato Mirai to meet back up with Miho and a few other people from the wedding. We chatted and ate dinner. The pretty girl next to me was acting quite suspiciously. I think she was trying to steal my food. But I successfully fended her off \o/! Jason payed for everybody.

Then everyone left for some boat ride and me and Jason headed for Landmark Tower, the tallest building in Japan. Fantastic view. Probably much cooler than that boat ride.

After that Jason introduced me to one of his favorite restaurants in Shibuya. We ate some kind of spicy nabe (like fondue). Tasty, but spicy! Didn't save any for you. Also, it was an expensive restaurant. Our meal was about $100. Jason payed again. I wonder if he's broke now...

Today Toshi and I studied English and Japanese at a McDonalds, walked around Roppongi, and ate at a Yoshinoya. Toshi went home at 9. Then I went to see Mana in Ueno to study English and Japanese some more.

Tomorrow me and Mana are going to spend the day in Yoyogi park admiring Sakura and stuff. At 7, I'll be meeting Kyoko in Shinjuku to hang out and study more.

No comments:

Post a Comment