Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sorry for the boring blog. I really should be updating this more often.

I've been meeting a new person almost every day for the past two weeks. We usually do things like talk, eat, study, and sometimes do some sightseeing. It's been a lot of fun :). Every day I learn and experience many new things.

Today (March 14th) was a holiday in Japan called White Day. On Valentine's day here girls give guys gifts. On White Day, guys give girls gift.

Today I met a new friend named Megumi in Shinjuku (No relation to White Day). We walked around a bit and found a tonkatsu restaurant to eat at. It was my first time eating tonkatsu (a kind of deep fried pork). I ate it with some kind of special sauce that I forgot the name of (not tonkatsu sauce). It was very tasty :). We chatted and studied there for a few hours.

Another new food I discovered today is a salad dressing made from sesame seeds. My new favorite salad dressing :)

By the way, don't eat Karashi (A kind of mustard). That stuff is super super spicy! ><

Some other new things I ate earlier this week:
-Fried bones (delicious)
-Coffee flavored Cheetohs (not so delicious)

After that we went to Tochou, a very tall government building nearby. We went up near the top to the 46th floor and admired the scenery. I took a video which I'll upload later.

Fun day :)

Tomorrow me and one of my roommates (from Osaka) are going to go to a Japanese class nearby.

No comments:

Post a Comment