Friday, April 23, 2010

Hi~
Long time no update.

My two week vacation to the rest of Japan went great.
I visited Osaka, Kyoto, Nara, Hiroshima, Kokura, Fukuoka, Beppu, Nikko, Hachinohe, Aomori, Hakodate, and Sapporo. 12 different cities in 14 days. I could have seen more, but I got tired and lazy.
I'm sleepy and there's too much to write about, so details on them later!

I've gone back to my routine of hanging out with friends around Tokyo again. For my last week in Japan I plan on seeing the fish market in Tsukiji, Tokyo tower, and Odaiba.

Yesterday I hung out with my roommates all day. We sat around our room and chatted, went to a soba shop, and probably some other things I'm forgetting. Nothing too special.

Today me and Chihiro went to a Starbucks in Shinjuku to hang out and study Japanese/English. I was a little nervous the whole time, don't know why. Maybe she didn't notice. We took some purikura pictures afterwards.

Oh, I don't think I've explained what purikura is. It's Japan's version of a photobooth. Much more high-tech than the ones in the states. The insides of them are like.. um.. miniature studios. Everything is bright white and there are lots of different lights that go off when the picture is taken. Somehow I guess it enhances the look of your eyes. Looks great for asians, but other people end up with bug-eyes. After the pictures are taken, you can then doodle on them and send copies to your cellphone. Oh the cellphones here are pretty awesome too, but that's a story for another time.

Check my Facebook page to see my bug-eyes.

Tomorrow morning I'm going to Odaiba with Yu. Odaiba is known for being a romantic place where couples go. But it's also famous for high-tech things, unusual buildings, games, rides, and shopping.


I think my English is getting worse..

No comments:

Post a Comment