Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The day before yesterday Chi and I went to her college to meet up with Natsumi. Natsumi and Chi went to career services for job hunting advice. I went to a local museum.

At the museum one of the staff personally showed me around. I can't read the Japanese well enough to understand what it says, so he explained everything to me. At one point he showed me how the Japanese of 1000 years ago decorated their pots. He took some reed, twisted it into a rope-like shape, and rolled it on the clay to create a cool pattern. The pattern changes depending on how you roll up the reed. He gave me a piece of rope as a souvenir.

After that I met back up with Chi and Natsumi and we went to an italian restaurant to eat. Then Natsumi went to Shinjuku to buy some clothes for her interview the next day. Chi went to Ebisu for a setsumeikai. I went to a starbucks in Ebisu to read a children's picture book. Chi met back up with me after about two hours. I had only read about half the book by that time.

Then we went to Shinbashi to meet up with my friend Jiro. He took us out to a cow-tongue restaurant. We ate salad, cow-tongue, raw horse, and rice. When we asked how much it costed, he told us just to give him $18 each, but I think the actual price was much higher. I think the whole meal costed about $85. If so, then he payed for more than half of it.

We talked a lot. He is very nice. Jiro's son is about my age and his daughter is about Chi's age.

Yesterday Chi went to her job tutoring Ami. I went to a cafe to finish reading the picture book. It took me about four more hours to finish reading it. It was only 75 pages, but I had to stop and look up a lot of words in the dictionary.

Today Chi went to another setsumeikai. I went to the supermarket to eat breakfast. Outside the supermarket I sat on a bench and shared some of my food with the birds. The birds there are very aggresive; they'll snatch the food right out of your mouth.

Later today Chi and I are going to meet up with Toshi in Shinagawa for dinner. Then Toshi and I are going to buy a cake for his dad's birthday. Tonight I'm going to stay Toshi's house and celebrate his dad's birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment